I have been a long time fan of Quails’ Gate winery in the Okanagan, located in West Kelowna. I have a particular affinity to their Pinot Noir. At some recent world-wide wine competitions Quails’ Gate won several awards. Here is the press release with the list of their awards. Maybe rush to your local liquor store or wine shop and pick up some of these wines before they sell out.
May 22, 2013 (Vancouver, BC) – Quails’ Gate winery is again attracting global attention, as its wines have received numerous awards at international wine competitions. Results from the Pacific Rim Wine Competition, Decanter World Wine Awards, and UK International Wine & Spirit Competition clearly show that Okanagan wines are among the world’s best.
Pacific Rim Competition - Based in California, the competition included 1200 wines from 11 countries.
- Gold/Best in Class - 2010 Stewart Family Reserve Chardonnay (2010 Chardonnay category)
- Gold - 2009 Stewart Family Reserve Pinot Noir (Pinot Noir 2009 category)
- Silver - 2011 Quails’ Gate Chardonnay (Chardonnay 2011 category)
- Silver - 2011 Stewart Family Reserve Chardonnay (Chardonnay 2011 category)
- Silver - 2011 Quails’ Gate Pinot Noir (Pinot Noir 2011 category)
Decanter World Wine Awards - Evaluated a total of 14,362 international wines.
- Gold Medal - Quails’ Gate 2010 Stewart Family Reserve Chardonnay – only 1.59% earned Gold.
- Silver Medal - Quails’ Gate 2011 Chenin Blanc
International Wine & Spirit Competition - The prestigious competition in London, England. Entries in the competition are blind tasted by a panel of expert judges as well as being subjected to chemical analysis in the lab. The Northern Hemisphere results were just released, and three Quails’ Gate wines were awarded medals in this extremely competitive field.
- Silver Outstanding – 2011 Quails’ Gate Chenin Blanc
- Silver – 2010 Stewart Family Reserve Chardonnay
- Silver – 2009 Stewart Family Reserve Pinot Noir
About Quails’ Gate Winery:
One of the Okanagan Valley’s foremost wineries, Quails’ Gate is family owned and operated and a must see destination of interior BC. Year after year, Quails’ Gate Winery continues to be internationally recognized as a top quality producer of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and as the home of one of the top winery restaurants of British Columbia. The wines are expressive of the unique terroir of the Estate where vines thrive on Mt. Boucherie, an extinct volcano that overlooks Lake Okanagan.