I mentioned in a previous blog post about the CCFCC coming to Vancouver and all the wonderful events there are, and that it is not just restricted to chefs to attend. You can buy tickets to these events and watch and/or sample the chefs’ creations. One of the events I will be attending is the Aboriginal Potlach on Monday evening, June 13. I thought I’d entice you to buy a ticket by posting the food and wine pairings for this event.
Food and Wine Pairing for the Aboriginal Potlach
- R and B Brewing Beer Station
- Traditionally smoked salmon parsnip dumpling, pumpkin sauce PAIRED WITH
Eau Vivre Gewurztraminer and Tangled Vines 3 Blancs
- Spot prawn, poached in bentwood box sweet onion, garlic cream PAIRED WITH
Haywire Pinot Gris and Misconduct Misfit
- Spiced seafood cakes, corn puree dandelion salad PAIRED WITH
Rustic Roots Apple Pear and Bartier Scholfield Rose
- Smoked trout apple salad young cress, wild mushroom vinaigrette PAIRED WITH
Cassini Pinot Noir and Rollingdale Pinot Noir
- Rabbit sausage king oyster ragout, blueberry pine nut chutney PAIRED WITH
Black Cloud Pinot Noir and Hester Creek Character Red
- Braised bison brisket roasted squash salad, roasted onions, natural sauce PAIRED WITH
St. Hubertus Oak Bay Foch and Fairview 2 Hoots
- Roast venison loin sweet potato sauce, savory bannock bread pudding PAIRED WITH
- The View Pinotage and Noble Ridge Meritage
- Cinnamon bannock fritters Brown sugar cranberry sauce PAIRED WITH
Raven Ridge Iced Cider and Tugwell Mead
- Bannock bread pudding, sundried berry egg sauce PAIRED WITH
Vista D’Oro and The View Optima
This is a pretty impressive lineup of food from our First Nations people here plus it is being paired with BC wines and there is also mead, which I have never tried. This type of meal is a one of a kind deal in my opinion. There is also a brand new BC wine in the lineup: Bartier Scholfield Rose. I blogged about this new winery in a previous post, so I’ll add the link back so you can read about Bartier Scholfield.
If you would like to attend this event, please click on this link to buy tickets for the Aboriginal Potlach. Enjoy!