Many people probably have not tasted wines from Austria, but you may have heard of the hot white grape, Gruner Veltliner . Here is your chance to taste this exciting white wine as well as Riesling and other white and red wines from Austria. Bonus is that you will have Willi Klinger from the Austrian Wine Marketing Board to host you through their wines. This tasting is put on by Marquis Wine Cellars. The price of this tasting event is very excellent. Buy your tickets quickly before they sell out! Here is the announcement by Marquis Wine Cellars.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity and be part of the tasting highlighting Austria’s Seven Elements of Uniqueness. Willi Klinger, the Managing Director of the Austrian Wine Marketing Board, is coming from Austria to be our host. He will introduce to you a selection of prestigious indigenous varieties as well as some of Austria’s famous “liquid gold” sweet wines.
Below, is a list of the wines we’ll pour:
• FX Pichler 2015 Gruner Veltliner Urgestein Terrassen Smaragd
• Hirsch 2014 Zobing Riesling
• Jamek 2015 Gelber Muskateller Federspiel
• Kracher 2013 Chardonnay No.3 Nouvelle Vague
• Kracher 2014 Muskat Ottonel
• Kurt Angerer 2012 Zweigelt Barrique
• Loimer 2013 Gumpoldskirchen Pinot Noir
• Loimer 2015 Riesling Langenlois
• Rudi Pichler 2015 Gruner Veltliner Terrassen Smaragd
• Tement 2015 Sauvignon Blanc Steirische Klassik
• Triebaumer 2013 Blaufrankisch Reserve
• Weingut Nigl 2015 Gruner Veltliner Gartling
• Weingut Stadt Krems 2012 Krems Gelber Traminer
• Weingut Stadt Krems 2015 Gruner Veltliner Lossterrassen
You can’t miss the opportunity to taste those 15 wonderful and exclusive wines!
Where Is It and How To Buy Tickets?
When: Friday, October 13th 5:30 – 7:30pm
Where: Marquis Wine Cellars Event Space (1034 Davie St. – free parking in the back)