This is the tenth event in this Food Talks series! Come join us to meet and mingle with other foodies, and to hear some enlightening speakers from the food community.
Food Talks goes WINE Talks for this edition! Our speakers will touch on all aspects of the wine industry including British Columbia and beyond. You will also have a chance to learn from some industry supporting organizations.
Our Speakers Line-up:
- Sid Cross – is the Honorary President globally for The International Wine & Food Society and does a weekly posting on their site (blog.iwfs.org)
- David Schoelfeld – David was senior wine buyer for the British Columbia Liquor Distribution Branch (BCLDB), where he earned a global reputation for his ability to shepherd allocations of the world’s finest wines onto the shelves of BC liquor stores. He now is a valued member of the Okanagan Crush Pad team.
- Michaela Morris & Michelle Boufard – Michelle is an instructor for the International Sommelier Guild and is a regular guest on French CBC radio. Michaela is a gradate and a guest lecturer for the Wine & Spirit Education Trust’s (WSET) Diploma Programme.
- Tim Pawsey – writes, tweets and shoots his own images for columns in the Vancouver Courier and North Shore News. He also contributes to WHERE Vancouver magazine, as well as to several other publications.
- John Clerides – John opened Marquis Wine Cellars in 1986. He has travelled extensively though Australia, Washington, Oregon, California, Italy, Spain, France and Austria, sourcing unique, flavourful, undiscovered wines.
Location: Vancouver Urban Winery
The Evening: Enjoy a wonderful line-up of speakers who will talk about themselves and their passion related to the wine community. There will be a Q & A where you will have a chance to ask questions and engage with the speakers along with a draw for prizes (*Wine, beer, and other beverages will be available for purchase).
Early Bird Tickets: $12 per person before November 12
Advance Tickets: $20 per person before November 30
Regular Tickets: $25 per person after November 30 and at the door
Note: Eventbrite fee and gst is extra on all tickets purchased online.
Buy Tickets via Eventbrite:
Note: Limited tickets available. All ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds; however they are transferrable with printed proof of ticket. ALL Tickets must be purchased in advance online. Event produced by CMI Chat Media Inc