Have you tried the wines from BC’s Perseus winery? Top quality wine that I’ve had the pleasure of sampling several times. Here is your chance to taste their wines at the BC Wine Appreciation Society tasting. The BCWAS announcement is below. Enjoy!
”The goal of Perseus Winery is to produce approachable wines of character and distinction from some of British Columbia’s finest vineyards.” Perseus believes in terroir – that sense of place which includes the soil type, the microclimate, the slope, and the actual location of the vineyard. Their winemaking philosophy is to handle the wine as little as possible, letting the grapes do the talking! Recent awards include a Gold, a Silver, and two Bronzes at the WineAlign National Awards of Canada – these wines are stars!
John Pullen, Director of Sales and Marketing for Perseus, will be coming out to talk to us, and he’s bringing a whole constellation of eleven of his wines – including two mini-verticals! John has almost a decade of BC wine experience, most recently at Church and State. He’s very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about BC wines, so he’ll fit right in with all of us!
The Wine Flight
The wines you will enjoy are:
- 2011 Sauvignon Blanc – crisp and refreshing
- 2011 Pinot Gris – lots of peachy characters
- 2012 Viognier – look for hints of tropical fruits
- 2011 Chardonnay – even you “ABC” types will like this one
- 2011 Cabernet Franc – spicy and full-bodied
- 2011 Malbec – rich and dark
- 2010 and 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon – big and bold
- 2009, 2010 and 2011 Invictus – complex spicy/fruity Bordeaux blend
This will be our first tasting at our new venue, the Vancouver Masonic Centre. We look forward to seeing your familiar faces in our new location!
Where is the Tasting?
- Where is the Masonic Centre? 1495 W 8th Ave, at Granville
- How can I get there? Transit is very convenient! Bus routes 4, 7, 10, 16, and 50 stop along Granville, and routes 9 and 99 stop on Broadway. All stops are within one or two blocks.
- What about parking? Underground parking is available, and there is lots of street parking, too. Sorry, no free parking, but we will give you a free transit ticket to get you home!
Several of our tastings this year have sold out. Sign up quickly to make sure you don’t miss this one!
When and How Much?
Date: Wednesday October 9, 2013
Time: 7:30 to 9:30
Place: the Vancouver Masonic Centre, 1495 West 8th Ave (just off Granville)
Members: only $45
To sign up click on the link below.