As I wine, music and arts lover, who wouldn’t be excited about hearing of such an event in Tuscany, Italy? It certainly peaked my interest, but is not in my plans. Just in case you are taking a trip to Tuscany shortly, you may want to consider attending this event at the Tuscan Estate Montestigliano. Enjoy!
Throughout July, Tuscan estate Montestigliano marries terroir and culture in a yearly art exhibit held in the granary above its ancient barn. This year, five international artists (painters, photographers, writers, musicians), all members of the Stanza 251 group, descend on the historic locale to exhibit their cool, contemporary work in this timeless, rustic setting. The show can be seen every Monday from July 1 to July 22 in the afternoon between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m., or by appointment. For more information, contact email@example.com or call +39 0577 342189.
Special Event July 17
On July 17 Montestigliano opens its doors to an evening of Prosecco, opera, fine dining and art. Guests will enjoy an apertivo, view the artwork and settle into an evening of music and song with Baritone Pierluca Porri, accompanied by Francesca Giovannelli on the piano. Pierluca has sung with Europe’s most famous opera houses such as L’Opéra de MonteCarlo, Le Theatre Royale de la Monnaie a Bruxelles, il Liceu di Barcelona, and the Opéra Nationale de Paris. Dinner will be served in the estate’s courtyard, under the Tuscan stars. Price: 40 €.
About Stanza 251
Stanza 251 http://www.stanza251.com/is an on-line e-zine of fiction, poetry and imagery, founded by Carlo Zei and Stefano Loria. A new poem or story appears on the site every Tuesday, anew image every Friday. Stanza 251 also publishes a series of e-books and paperbacks, and organizes literary and visual arts events. All of the artists at the show participate in Stanza 251.
Participating Stanza 251 artists include:
- Stefano Loria: Co-founder of Stanza 251, Loria is a painter and writer. In the Visual Arts field, he is considered one of the leading representatives of new-generation abstractionists.
- Francesco Niccolai: A professional photographer, Niccolai has dedicated himself for years to making portraits of jazz musicians and much more. He has recently developed a personal series of unpredictably nuanced and intimate landscape photographs.
- Andrew Smaldone: an American artist who has lived in Italy for years, Smaldone has developed a specific poetry of images, painting environments emptied of their original function, almost reducing them to pure geometry and light.
- Tomoko Sugahara: A Japanese artist of rare sensitivity, Sugahara works on an idea of subtle, fragile painterly atmospheres, producing juxtapositions that are sometimes material, sometimes chromatic.
- Carlo Zei:The other co-founder of Stanza 251 who, aside from writing, is engaged in photography. He explores landscapes with a poetic, ironic eye, for which he prefers black & white prints, as exemplified in his series, “Christo on the Beach”.
- Matthew Licht: A writer on the edge between realism and paradox, his adventure stories are animated by a parodic intent, but are richly nuanced with existential and social themes. All of the ingredients of his stories are flavored with an irresistible sense humor, which makes for a particularly pleasant reading experience. He is also a skilled performer.
- Marco “Shark Guitar” Naffis: One of Tuscany’s most brilliant Blues and Country guitar players.
Montestigliano is a privately owned farm estate (agritourismo)with self-contained 18th century holiday villasavailable for rental. All have been professionally restored and furnished. Each is fully equipped with kitchens and private baths. Every villa has easy access to some of the most beautiful countryside in Tuscany. With 2475 acres of cypress avenues, olive groves, fig trees and ancient terraces, it’s an ideal location to walk, enjoy the countryside and truly experience Tuscany.
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/Montestigliano
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fattoria.montestigliano