Argentinean Malbec has been a hot red wine for a few years already around the world. To celebrate Malbec, some BC liquor stores and wine shops will be offering Malbec tastings. Below is the info I received. Hope you have a chance to enjoy!
Red wine lovers, mark your calendars! Free Argentinean Malbec tastings to stock up for celebrating Malbec World Day on April 17, 2013.
In-store tastings to stock your cellar for Malbec World Day:
- Friday, April 12 and Saturday, April 13 2013 in more than 20 BCLDB Signature Stores in British Columbia
- Saturday, April 13, 2013 the following private retailers will also host celebrations that will include food pairing
o Marquis Wine Cellar – 2:00 – 5:00 pm
o Legacy Liquor Store – 2:00 – 6:00 pm
o Everything Wine Stores – all 3 locations from 2:00 – 6:00 pm
These free tastings will give consumers an opportunity to ‘stock up’ for Malbec World Day while putting British Columbia on the map of celebrations being held around the world on Wednesday, April 17th, 2013. They are a great opportunity to explore what Argentina has to offer.
Follow the international celebrations of Malbec World Day on social networks at
· Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/winesofargentina
· Twitter – @WinesofArg and @ArgentinaWineCA
· Hashtag – #MalbecWorldDay
· Share your toast scenes via Instagram and Vine. Tag photos & videos with #MalbecWorldDay
· Taking’ it to the Streets Video on Malbec World Day …. http://vimeo.com/61269796
About Malbec World Day:
April 17 2013 will mark the third annual Malbec World Day. The day was established by Wines of Argentina to celebrate the country’s flagship varietal as well as raise awareness around the globe of the quality and variety of wines produced by Argentina. This year’s Malbec World Day will include more than 70 events in 45 countries worldwide.
About Wines of Argentina:
Wines of Argentina is responsible for the promotion of the brand VINO ARGENTINO around the world. Since 1993, this organization has been promoting the image of local wines abroad and providing advice on export strategies for Argentina by studying and analyzing trends in consumer markets. Its aim is to contribute to the consolidation of Argentina as one of the main wine exporting countries in the world and to the global success of the Argentine wine industry by enhancing its positive image in the wine trade, among opinion leaders and consumers.