Did you have a chance to attend the first 2 Vancouver Foodster Tasting Plates? The first was held downtown, and the second on Main Street. The Main Street one, the last one, was particularly fun being during summer, so great weather as you venture from restaurant to restaurant. Here are my downtown, and Main St Tasting Plates reviews to give you an idea of what you can expect.
Enjoying food is a great social experience, so buy a ticket for your spouse, BFF, or anyone else you like to be with. As many restaurants offer several tasting plate options, you and your friend(s) can select different items then share a nibble of each. So you get to try more than just what you could on your own. I always bring a friend. I hope to see you in Kitsilano! Here is the tasting announcement, along with a list of participating restaurants. Enjoy.
Tantalize your taste buds at several Kitsilano restaurants! This evening tasting extravaganza goes from 6pm until 9 pm and is presented by Vancouver Foodster.
Each restaurant will be serving up Tasting Plates for guests to enjoy and you will have a chance to visit many different restaurants throughout the evening, meet some new food loving friends, meet the chefs, and learn about each of the participating restaurants.
- Vegetarian options will be available at many of the participating restaurants.
- Bring along a friend or two, your significant other, your family or come solo.
- A food networking dinner event connecting Vancouver’s vibrant food community.
- Visit each of the participating restaurants at your leisure by bike, moped, car, transit, walking, roller skates, skateboarding or carpooling.
$3 from each ticket purchased will go to support Farm Folk/City Folk
Registration: Chocolate Arts, 1620 West 3rd Avenue (rear parking lot)-this is where you will show us your printed or digital tickets and will pick up your Tasting Plates Cards.
- ATITHI INDIAN CUISINE, 2445 Burrard Street, www.atithi.ca
- THE BIBO, 1835 West 4th Avenue, www.thebibo.com/
- PETE’S MEAT, 2817 Arbutus St, www.petes-meat.com/
- GRAMERCY GRILL, 2685 Arbutus Street, www.gramercygrill.ca/
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN FLATBREAD CO, 1876 West 1st Avenue, www.rockymountainflatbread.ca
- THAI HOUSE, 1766 West 7th Avenue, www.thaihouse.com/
- CHOCOLATE ARTS CAFÉ, 1620 West 3rd Avenue, www.chocolatearts.com/
- ESTABLISHMENT LOUNGE, 3162 West Broadway, www.estlounge.com/
Order tickets via Eventbrite
Tickets: $30 per person (eventbrite fee extra) before September 7, $100 for 4 pak of tickets or $120 for 6 pak of tickets (get a group of your friends/family together and save by purchasing a 4 pak or a 6 pak (eventbrite fee extra) before September 7th.
Tickets $40 per person (eventbrite fee extra) after Sept 7– ticket price includes tasting plates at each of the participating restaurants throughout the evening. A donation of $3 from each ticket purchased will go to support Farm Folk/City Folk. (Beverages are included at some restaurants which will be noted, you are welcome to purchase wine, beer, cocktails or mocktails at each of the participating restaurants).