The Naramata Bench is one of the cherished wine regions in BC. Each year the Naramata wine producers bring their wines out to Vancouver so that we can try the latest releases, and hopefully buy these wines. On April 24, 2012, from 6:30pm – 9:00pm the Naramata wineries will be pouring their wines for you, and you can also try these wines with some fantastic food by local Vancouver area restaurants. The event is called “Naramata on the River” and is being held at the River Market at (New) Westminster Quay. It is easy to get to by Transit. The Skytrain stops across the street from the Quay, so no need to drink and drive. Instead you can drink and enjoy! This event is in support of the BC Cultural Crawl (more info below).
Which Wineries Will Be There?
- Black Widow Winery
- D’Angelo Estate Winery
- Elephant Island Orchard Wines (they make a nice Stellaport)
- Hillside Winery & Bistro
- Kettle Valley Winery
- La Frenz Winery (top quality Chardonnay)
- Lake Breeze Vineyards
- Laughing Stock Vineyards
- Misconduct Wine Co.
- Monster Vineyards
- Moraine Estate Winery
- Nichol Vineyard & Estate Winery (try their Pinot Noir)
- Poplar Grove Winery (try their Legacy, Bordeaux Blend)
- Red Rooster Winery
- Serendipity Winery
- Therapy Vineyards (we all need some Therapy don’t we?)
- Township 7 Vineyards & Winery
- Upper Bench Estate Winery
- Van Westen Vineyards (one of my favorites each Spring release)
Which Restaurants Will Be There?
- Crepe des Amis
- Pamola Bakery & Deli
- The Crab Shop
- Tre Galli Gelato Caffe
- Wild Rice Restaurant
- Re-Up BBQ (a wonderful food cart/truck downtown by the Art Gallery)
- Donald’s Market – Aria Foods
- Orlando’s Catering
- Hamilton Street Grill
- Daniel’s Restaurant
- Hillside Bistro
- Seasonal 56
- Chef Ann Kirsebom
- Hart House Restaurant
- Hagensborg Chocolates (try with the Stellaport)
- Gone Crackers
- Rocky Mountain Flatbread
- Restaurant 62
I’ve written about many of these wineries from past wine events. Here are a few links:
- Naramata Bench 2011 Spring Release Wine Picks
- Simply Red – Naramata Bench Wine Tasting Notes
- Naramata Bench 2010 Spring Release Wine Picks
This event is to help celebrate the 11th Annual British Columbia Cultural Crawl. The BC Cultural Crawl is a self-guided tour of community-initiated events: music, theatre and dance performances, visual arts, festivals, museum and heritage exhibitions, culinary arts, community art walks and more. Here is their website for more info.
I hope to see you there to enjoy great wine and food! Enjoy.