Malbec. It is a red grape variety that has taken the world by storm. Everyone knows about Malbec coming from Argentina. But you may have only tried a few. On Malbec World Day, you can try a wide variety of Malbecs produced in Argentina by large and small wine producers. Here is the announcement about the venues in the Vancouver area where you can try Malbec wine for FREE. Enjoy!
Tuesday, April 17 2012 is the date for this year’s Malbec World Day, an international celebration of Argentina’s iconic red wine. Wine lovers are invited to join us at FREE tastings hosted by local wine retailers in the days leading up to the event, and on Malbec World Day itself.
Each of the upcoming Malbec World Day events will feature at least 6 Argentinean Malbecs, paired with savoury bites such as empanadas from Vancouver’s House of Empanadas. Events will be held at the following locations:
Saturday, April 14
- Marquis Wine Cellars Downtown Vancouver – @MarquisWineCell
- Everything Wine – North Vancouver, Langford & Surrey @EwineNV @EWineVictoria @EWineMx
- Liberty Wine Merchants Point Grey & Commercial Drive @LibertyMerchant
Sunday, April 15
- Legacy Liquor Store Olympic Village, Vancouver @LegacyLiquor
- John B. Liquor Store, Coquitlam @JohnBPub
Tuesday, April 17
- BCLDB Signature Store at 39th & Cambie, Vancouver @BCLiquorStores