Below is a sampling of the wines that will be poured on Saturday, Nov. 12 at the Taste of Tulalip. During the Magnum Party you can nibble on some of Kathy Casey‘s dishes from her latest book Sips and Apps. From what I’ve seen, these wines, amongst others, will be poured. Many iconic wines in this list. It could be a chance of a lifetime to try these wines together in one place! Champagne, an Australian icon, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Napa, Italy; they are all here. I am really excited about this lineup and can’t wait to taste them myself.
Wines at the Magnum Party
- Opus One 1998 – Magnum
- Penfolds Grange 2004 – Magnum
- Shafer ‘Hillside Select’ Cabernet 3 liter
- Domaine Leflaive Batard Montrachet 2003 & 2008
- ZD Abacus XII
- Chateau Mouton Rothschild, 2005
- Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon – Magnum
- Betz Family La Serenne Syrah,
- Pere de Famille Cabernet – Magnum
- Molly Dooker ‘Velvet Glove’ Shiraz
- Gaja Barbaresco ‘Sori Tilden’
- Louis Roederer Cristal- Magnum
- Levy & Mcclellan Cabernet
Who is Kathy Casey?
I mentioned that Kathy Casey will be serving food to accompany these wines. In case you don’t know, Kathy Casey is a celebrity chef, mixologist and pioneer in the bar-chef movement.
She played a key role in bringing Northwest cuisine and women chefs to national prominence and, as one of the first female executive chefs in the United States, she was named one of Food & Wine’s “hot new American chefs.” She has also been touted as being the original Bar Chef.
Take the short drive to Tulalip in WA state and have a fun time trying wine and tasting food for a weekend. To buy tickets to a Taste of Tulalip, follow this link.