Have you heard that Vancouver is hosting a national chef’s conference, June 12-15? That is next week! There are opportunities for the public to attend some of these events, and sample the fantastic food created by these chefs.
The Canadian Culinary Federation (CCF) was founded in 1963 and incorporated in Ottawa as a non-profit association in 1972. Since its inception, the federation has enjoyed a deep and long-standing tradition as Canada’s true representation of the professional chef and cook. Further details about the conference, please visit the conference website.
Some Events You Can Attend:
- Canadian National Chefs (CCFCC) Competitions Dinner presented by Unilever Food Solutions 6/10/11 4:30PM – 7:30PM
- Global Chefs (WACS) Challenge Dinner 6/11/11 5PM – 8:30PM
- WACS Hans Bueschkens Chefs Challenge Lunch 6/12/11 12:30PM – 4PM
- Tastes of CCFCC Canada – Opening Reception 6/12/11 5PM – 10PM
- Breakfast with Chef Rob Feenie 6/13/11 7AM – 9AM (Very cool)
- CCFCC Seminar Day Pass, Monday June 13 6/13/11 9:30AM – 7/4/11 5PM
- Lunch with Chef Dana Reinhardt and Karen Barnaby featuring a panel on Women in the Industry 6/13/11 12PM – 2:30PM
- Aboriginal Potlatch Supper 6/13/11 6PM – 10PM
and much more! You can buy tickets for these and other events at this web link.
You can see me at the Aboriginal Potlach Supper on Monday and Dragon Feast of the Century Luncheon in Richmond on Tuesday. The Potlach supper includes food and wine pairings. I’m really looking forward to it. I’ll be blogging about it before then and during the event. Enjoy!